1. WHAT CLAN DOES YOUR CHARACTER BELONG TO?
The Crab Clan.
2. WHAT FAMILY DOES YOUR CHARACTER BELONG TO?
The Kuni Family.
3. IS YOUR CHARACTER A BUSHI, A SHUGENJA, OR A COURTIER?
Shugenja, very un-traditionally trained through a mixture of Kuni and Isawa Ishiken methods.
4. HOW WOULD OTHERS DESCRIBE YOUR CHARACTER’S APPEARANCE?
Small and pretty for a Crab, taking more after her father in build and appearance; she resembles a small, dark-haired Crane. Her face is most often (most recently not at all during Winter Court) covered in the traditional Kuni facepaint. Due to certain circumstances she has chosen her own design, which most closely resembles a black fog hanging over a white landscape.
5. WHAT IS YOUR CHARACTER’S PRIMARY MOTIVATION?
To find the truth of what happened to her sensei and her parents.
6. WHO IS THE PERSON YOUR CHARACTER TRUSTS MOST IN THE WORLD?
Daiyu does not trust easily, but if forced to rely on anyone it would be Crow and Shio, mostly due to the summer spent with them before Winter Court.
7. WHAT IS YOUR CHARACTER’S GREATEST STRENGTH AND WEAKNESS?
+ Unwilling to accept defeat, quick study
– Paranoid, stubborn, obsessive, disregards her own well-being to pursue goals, socially awkward
8. WHAT DOES YOUR CHARACTER THINK OF BUSHIDO?
Bushido is a set of rules and a fact of life. They are the background for how she lives her life, but whether it is of true importance is one of many questions she struggles with.
9. WHAT IS YOUR CHARACTER’S OPINION OF HIS CLAN?
She approves of the Crab’s duties, at least when it comes to defending the Wall, though their methods do not always resonate with her. The loud and boisterous side of the Clan does not generally extend towards the Kuni and Daiyu is no exception. She does not know much more about her Clan, given that much of her life has been spent away from Crab lands.
10. IS YOUR CHARACTER MARRIED?
11. DOES YOUR CHARACTER HAVE ANY PREJUDICES?
Despite her Crane lineage, Daiyu has no respect whatsoever for the Crane Clan. Scorpion are similarly derided.
12. TO WHOM DOES YOUR CHARACTER OWE THE MOST LOYALTY?
Family first. She determines family as her mother, father, sensei, and her closest companions. The Kuni and Crab would come afterwards.
13. WHAT ARE YOUR CHARACTER’S FAVORITE AND LEAST FAVORITE THINGS?
+ Duels, food, study, meditation, the void, nature walks
– Being mocked, loud social gatherings, idleness, horseback riding
14. DOES YOUR CHARACTER HAVE ANY RECURRING MANNERISMS?
Many. A deadpan stare, that she gives to basically anyone and everyone. She flares her nostrils frequently; no one knows why. Some assume it’s a way to communicate distaste with something about the situation, and is often followed by a sniff that’s sometimes loudly exaggerated.
15. WHAT ABOUT YOUR CHARACTER’S EMOTIONS?
Guarded. She had to keep them close to the chest during much of her schooling, and closer still since the events that transpired near its end.
16. HOW WOULD YOUR CHARACTER HANDLE A SUBORDINATE’S IMPROPER BEHAVIOR?
She would not care or notice.
17. HOW WOULD YOUR CHARACTER’S PARENTS DESCRIBE HER?
Stubborn. Tries too hard in the wrong ways. They would say she tends to miss the point, and that she often comes to the wrong conclusions. Her mother still tells her these things.
18. WHAT IS YOUR CHARACTER’S HIGHEST AMBITION?
To be literally the best at everything she does.
19. HOW RELIGIOUS IS YOUR CHARACTER?
Very, although she doesn’t adhere to many traditional forms of worship. She’s seen the void for what it is, and knows that even if it’s been warped by time, there is a truth to all the stories and legends. She takes the stories of creation quite seriously, if not literally.
20. HOW WILL YOUR CHARACTER DIE?
I have a top 3 for this, no particular order.
1. Screaming, hurling fire and stone, unmaking the world
2. Stabbed in the back with a poisoned tanto after pissing off the wrong people
3. If she knows it’s her time, either due to old age, disease, or a wound that cut too deep, she would instead do what her sensei always told her to avoid: purposely lose herself in the void and cease to be.