1. WHAT CLAN DOES YOUR CHARACTER BELONG TO?
2. WHAT FAMILY DOES YOUR CHARACTER BELONG TO?
3. IS YOUR CHARACTER A BUSHI, A SHUGENJA, OR A COURTIER?
4. HOW WOULD OTHERS DESCRIBE YOUR CHARACTER’S APPEARANCE?
Weathered. He looks like he’s used to travel and long nights, possibly overworked.
5. WHAT IS YOUR CHARACTER’S PRIMARY MOTIVATION?
He seeks to impress the heck out of his sensei. That’s almost certainly shorthand for a deep drive to understand and master the powers and secrets of his school.
6. WHO IS THE PERSON YOUR CHARACTER TRUSTS MOST IN THE WORLD?
His sensei. But after that, the magistrate he’s assigned to. He’s taken him as a new, better father. Ryo has been enamored with his sense of duty and skill at management.
7. WHAT IS YOUR CHARACTER’S GREATEST STRENGTH AND WEAKNESS?
Attachment to his task, even if it might violate his duties in other areas. He would see his own greatest weakness as his inexperience.
8. WHAT DOES YOUR CHARACTER THINK OF BUSHIDO?
He sees bushido as a necessary evil to keep the world working with the forces of nature and man at odds with each other.
9. WHAT IS YOUR CHARACTER’S OPINION OF HIS CLAN?
He thinks the way of the Owl, and moreso their family traditions are the only way the world could survive in the face of blood and darkness moving against it. Truth, trust, honor, and bravery are the greatest weapons against our enemies.
10. IS YOUR CHARACTER MARRIED?
11. DOES YOUR CHARACTER HAVE ANY PREJUDICES?
Most other clans. No use for their politics and dishonest crap. So much self-serving bullcrap.
12. TO WHOM DOES YOUR CHARACTER OWE THE MOST LOYALTY?
Whoever he is currently working for.
13. WHAT ARE YOUR CHARACTER’S FAVORITE AND LEAST FAVORITE THINGS?
Favorite? He’d tell you really good floral rice, but honestly he can’t tear himself away from reading and studying. Least favorite is bullshit. He’s got no time for that. And spiders. Those things are just unnatural.
14. DOES YOUR CHARACTER HAVE ANY RECURRING MANNERISMS?
He stares. He’ll talk to you. Staring into your eyes. Can’t break it. Really unnerving. He’s desperately trying to read the soul through their eyes, but he’s just completely misunderstood his advanced lessons on reading deception. He’ll catch on that it’s a metaphor someday.
15. WHAT ABOUT YOUR CHARACTER’S EMOTIONS?
He’ll laugh at the corniest jokes. Very upbeat and happy, a really good humor about things. He has a hard time getting angry. Don’t harm kids or kittens or puppies, there’s a line here.
16. HOW WOULD YOUR CHARACTER HANDLE A SUBORDINATE’S IMPROPER BEHAVIOR?
He’d be way too forgiving and aim for merciful, friendly correction. In his mind he would trust everyone in his employ, this might not always work out for the best.
17, HOW WOULD YOUR CHARACTER’S PARENTS DESCRIBE HIM?
Golden child, he was definitely the smart one. Also his older brother liked swords WAY too much. How gauche.
18. WHAT IS YOUR CHARACTER’S HIGHEST AMBITION?
Understanding the inner nature of man. This means about 10,000 things to him right now.
19. HOW RELIGIOUS IS YOUR CHARACTER?
Rather religious, but he prefers to see things in mortal context. The kami don’t exist outside of the world and its concerns.
20. HOW WILL YOUR CHARACTER DIE?
He prepares himself every day to die for the truth. He’d be very cross if he died for something less.