It’s almost time! Following many weeks’ worth of hard work (mostly Shio), we are almost ready to begin posting our logs. Before we start, there are a few important points we felt we should cover.
- Shadows in the West is an AU Rokugan. Togashi and Hantei have swapped places, historically. What results is a much different Rokugan, with more of a focus on individual enlightenment but its own set of problems. Similar, but different, points of tension and friction exist between clans and that of the spirits and supernatural. (Read more about the Togashi Empire here)
- The veil between humans and spirits is thinner, so expect an added layer of Ghibli and Nioh weirdness.
- The Dragon Clan has been replaced by the Owl Clan. Most of the families have stayed the same.
- The Unicorn Clan is still known as the Ki-Rin Clan.
- LGBT characters and themes exist and it is a non-issue.
- The logs will be NSFW at times, mostly in the realm of violence and the occasional lewd flower metaphor.
- This campaign did not begin as something for public consumption , but we have done our best to retroactively fit the logs to this purpose.
- Some characters are not present in some sections due to the players’ absence. We have written in IC reasons for their absences as best we are able.
- Much of the first chapter is comprised of pre-existing modules combined with homebrew, as Evalli wanted to ease us in with some practice with the system first. What follows after is mainly homebrew with inspiration, at times, drawn from various sources.
Due to the length of our logs (over 150k words!) we have cut them up into sections, which we will post twice a week until we have caught up to our current place in the campaign.
Thank you to all of you who have expressed interest in our characters and their adventures – we hope you enjoy reading our logs!
Any questions or concerns can be pointed at @evalli!