1. WHAT CLAN DOES YOUR CHARACTER BELONG TO?
2. WHAT FAMILY DOES YOUR CHARACTER BELONG TO?
3. IS YOUR CHARACTER A BUSHI, A SHUGENJA, OR A COURTIER?
Bushi with Shugenja traits (healing/medicine)
4. HOW WOULD OTHERS DESCRIBE YOUR CHARACTER’S APPEARANCE?
An overly muscled bull. His head is completely devoid of hair, and he normally appears more intense than whatever the situation calls for.
5. WHAT IS YOUR CHARACTER’S PRIMARY MOTIVATION?
Atsu’s primary motivation would be ensuring that the forces on the wall are healthy so that they may be at their best in the face of the Shadowlands. Strength through medicine and fitness.
6. WHO IS THE PERSON YOUR CHARACTER TRUSTS MOST IN THE WORLD?
His Mentor of Medicine, Kusonokuni-sensei. He looks to his teacher for counsel as well as knowledge.
7. WHAT IS YOUR CHARACTER’S GREATEST STRENGTH AND WEAKNESS?
Atsu is well regarded among the Crab due to the fact that he still fights on the frontlines despite his focus being medicinal. Incidentally, the truth behind this is also one of his darker secrets: he’d much rather be baking.
8. WHAT DOES YOUR CHARACTER THINK OF BUSHIDO?
He very predictably holds benevolence in high regard. This doesn’t always mesh with the overall Crab mindset, and he has been whispered to be “perverse” at times, in giving aid to fallen foes who had become injured by raising their hand towards his clan.
9. WHAT IS YOUR CHARACTER’S OPINION OF HIS CLAN?
He’s a Crab, through and through; but wouldn’t it be nice if we could get along?
10. IS YOUR CHARACTER MARRIED?
Could you imagine him married? No, he’s not married; yet. (He dreams of finding a woman bigger than he is.)
11. DOES YOUR CHARACTER HAVE ANY PREJUDICES?
He very stereotypically harbors a deep-rooted dislike for the Scorpion clan.
12. TO WHOM DOES YOUR CHARACTER OWE THE MOST LOYALTY?
The person he trusts most in the world is incidentally the person he also owes the most loyalty towards. Kusonokuni-sensei has raised Atsu since his formative years, and Atsu holds him in the highest regard for it.
13. WHAT ARE YOUR CHARACTER’S FAVORITE AND LEAST FAVORITE THINGS?
Cakes, gardens, and tea are his favorite. Alcohol is one of his least favorite things (iz bad 4 u) but he has been known to drink it to excess despite advocating it as a poison in disguise.
14. DOES YOUR CHARACTER HAVE ANY RECURRING MANNERISMS?
He talks too loud, and his veins stand out in his forehead involuntarily from time to time.
15. WHAT ABOUT YOUR CHARACTER’S EMOTIONS?
Anger is the emotion that often gets the better of Atsu. If someone were to insult his mentor for instance, or a close friend, especially without cause (or what he thinks is without cause).
16. HOW WOULD YOUR CHARACTER HANDLE A SUBORDINATE’S IMPROPER BEHAVIOR?
In public, looking as though they had disgraced him to his bones. In private, bringing them a snack and patting them on the back.
17. HOW WOULD YOUR CHARACTER’S PARENTS DESCRIBE HIM?
The black sheep. They attribute his successes in adulthood to the expert tutelage of Kusonokuni, who “beat that softness from his body.”
18. WHAT IS YOUR CHARACTER’S HIGHEST AMBITION?
His highest ambition would be to climb the social ladder into a position where he could benefit the overall health of his country.
19. HOW RELIGIOUS IS YOUR CHARACTER?
He has been known to offer his prayers to kami at least twice a week.
20. HOW WILL YOUR CHARACTER DIE?
Screaming like a train horn with an enemy’s neck wrapped in each arm, leaping off a cliff for the ultimate corkscrew piledriver.